- What year did President Ronald Reagan sign the bill that established January 20 as a federal holiday in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr.?
- What was the name of the Spanish ship that was captured by Africans bound for slavery in 1839?
- What is Mae C. Jemison’s claim to fame?
- Kenneth Gibson became the first black mayor of which eastern city in 1966?
- Who was the first black person awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his role in fostering an armistice between warring Arabs and Israelis?
- This female athlete made history when she became the first American woman to win three Olympic gold medals in track and field. What is her name?
- Which U.S. President signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964?
- Who was the first African-American to win a Pulitzer Prize?
- Who broke major league baseball’s "color line" when he played with the Brooklyn Dodgers, and was named "Rookie of the Year" in 1947?
- In what city did Jesse Owens win four Olympic gold medals?
- She was the first African-American woman in space.
- Newark, New Jersey.
- Ralph Bunche.
- Wilma Rudolph.
- Lyndon B. Johnson.
- Gwendolyn Brooks.
- Jackie Robinson.
- Berlin, Germany.