Summer vacations are just around the corner. These tips will help you save some money as you hit the road.
- Travel in the off-season or on off-peak days (not weekends).
- If flying, watch for deals on tickets and be ready to buy them right away.
- Always ask for the lowest rate available for airfare, hotels, or car rentals.
- Be wary of hidden charges. Room taxes, in-room movies, and long distance charges can add up.
- If driving, tune up your car before you go, to help avoid expensive repair bills.
- Stay in out of the way places.
- Pack your own picnic and keep a cooler in the car with beverages and snacks.
- Look for free attractions.
- Check the Visitors’ Bureau or local Chamber of Commerce for information on inexpensive attractions and to get discount coupons.